Juvenile crimes are those committed by people under the age of 18. The two significant differences between juveniles and adults are as follows:
- Juveniles are generally not entitled to undergo a trial by jury
- Juveniles are not allowed to be discharged on bail
Crimes are categorized according to the violence and intensity of the case. Basically, they are simply classified as a felony or as a misdemeanor.
Law enforcement often looks at kids as easier targets in order to make an arrest. A few reasons why are as follows:
- There is a greater chance that a juvenile is not going to hire an attorney to safeguard their rights or to oversee what that officer did or didn’t do.
- They’re more compliant with the law enforcement’s directive.
- They’re more scared of what a law enforcement officer can do to them.
- There are many juveniles that dress, talk, and speak like thugs, when in fact they’re really just kids.
Juvenile involvement in a crime can lead to a family breaking up and robbing children of their future. Juveniles that are committed for crimes and held in state facilities end up coming out with really rough mannerisms. Those that are kept in juvenile facilities or places in the community where there is tough love, but still a connection to their community, usually ending up fairing much better.
Facing criminal charges is extremely intimidating, but you do not have to do it alone. The justice system provides for the right to counsel no matter what you are being charged with. Hiring The Law Men, an excellent criminal defense firm, will have a positive effect on the success of your case. Here are a few reasons why you will want The Law Men to advocate for you against criminal charges:
- We care about you. Our job is to defend you, protect your rights, and voice your best interest, whether in a plea bargain or in an actual trial. We will take the time to understand your case, assess the situation, and form a plan to take the actions required to facilitate positive outcomes for you.
- The Law Men will examine the facts and use their knowledge of the local laws to build a strong defense case on your behalf.
- You might be facing serious penalties. Even if you are innocent of the charges brought against you, you can still be convicted or given a sentence. Prosecutors are brutal in their case against alleged criminals and will advocate for the heaviest penalty possible. You need someone who will protect you against this injustice. Our attorneys will work hard to make sure you are acquitted of false charges and protected against unfair sentencing if you are found or plead guilty.
- Prompt action can lead to mitigation. The earlier you take action against the charges brought against you, the more likely you will have a successful case. Hiring a criminal defense attorney should be the first step after being accused of any crime.
- Long-term financial benefits. If you do not have adequate representation in court you could be facing a long sentence including prison time. There will be an increase in lost wages, which can cost you a great deal in the long run. It is financially much more efficient for you to hire a criminal defense lawyer to defend your rights immediately.
The Law Men understand that the justice system may be overwhelming, stressful, and frightening. You can rely on us to work long and hard to defend our clients against untrue charges and sentences.