Best Criminal Defense Attorney Fresno California
If you’re charged with a crime, you definitely need to consult a criminal defense attorney to ensure that your case is handled properly. Whether the charge is major or minor, the implications of a criminal conviction and record can affect your life in many ways. Let’s understand how a trained and experienced criminal defense attorney can help you.
Definition of Criminal Defense Attorney
Criminal defense attorneys or defense attorneys are attorneys who are trained to defend individuals, companies and organizations that have been charged with major or minor criminal conduct. They are also known as public defenders or court-appointed attorneys, when appointed by government entities to defend individuals who cannot afford private attorney fees.
What do Criminal Defense Attorneys do?
A criminal defense attorney is highly trained in dealing with a wide range of criminal cases. These can include everything from DUI (driving under the influence), drug possession, embezzlement, fraud and theft to sex crimes, domestic violence, murder and many other criminal charges.
These attorneys will defend you through every step of the process, starting from the arrest and going on to the criminal investigation, charges, trials, sentencing, appeals and post-trial matters. They may also be able to help before any charges are filed by a prosecuting attorney, in case you feel that you are being investigated or may be arrested.
Most criminal attorneys choose to specialize in a particular niche, like DUI or drug defense, but others may be experienced in more than one kind of crime.
Why You Need a Criminal Defense Attorney
In order to understand why you should hire the best attorney to handle your case, it’s essential to first understand exactly how a criminal conviction can affect your life. Other than the immediate consequences like a fine, jail time or losing your driving license in case of DUI convictions, you will also face many long-term effects.
You could lose your job, relationships, future prospects and much more as a result of convictions for criminal conduct and a criminal record. When you hire a criminal defense attorney, their extensive knowledge of the law helps them safeguard your constitutional rights and do their best to ensure you get the best outcome from your case.
Benefits of Hiring a Criminal Defense Attorney
There are many civil cases that you could fight on your own, but advice from criminal attorneys can be invaluable when you’re charged with a crime. Here’s why:
- Attorneys study their chosen field for long years before they even start practicing, which means that their experience and qualifications are placed at your disposal
- A attorney can help you understand the nature of the criminal charges filed against you, since they have a thorough understanding of the law
- They can correctly evaluate your case, research case and procedural laws, statutes and crime codes pertinent to it, and then build a case strategy
- A defense attorney can use their knowledge and experience to suggest and guide you through available defenses that you could use, based on the details of your case
- A attorney can also help you understand whether and how a plea bargain is possible and handle it on your behalf, which could get you a reduced penalty or sentence
- He/she can assist you with, or correctly handle the legal procedures and processes involved in a criminal trial, which can be long, complicated and time-consuming
- They can draft, file and argue motions (like motions to dismiss and motions to suppress) on your behalf, as and when needed
- With a attorney fighting your case, you also have someone to turn to when you experience any doubts or have any questions that need to be answered
- Attorneys often have access to other professionals like private investigators or expert witnesses, who can help uncover evidence in your favor
- Backed by their experience and expertise, a defense attorney will be able to analyze the prosecutor’s arguments and find weak points that can be turned in your favor
- If the case goes to trial, a attorney will also explain what you could expect if you are convicted, and how to prepare for it
Defense attorneys have the experience and qualifications to help you protect your rights, fight a case on your behalf or guide you on how to secure the best possible outcome, which you may not be able to do on your own – no matter how hard you try!
Our Fresno California criminal defense attorney handle DUI Crimes, Drug Crimes, Domestic Violence, Auto Theft, Felony Assault, Burglary, Juvenile Crimes, Gang Crimes, Sex Crimes, Weapons Crimes, White Collar Crimes, Robbery and other related crimes. Call 559.442.8000 or visit www.fresnolawmen.com for more information.